Renew Your Appraiser Trainee
As an Appraiser Trainee, you must renew your authorization every two years. A renewal notice will be sent out about 90 days before your expiration date. You may renew your authorization up to six months after the expiration date.
What do I have to do to renew my Appraiser Trainee approval?
- Complete 28 hours of approved Appraiser Continuing Education (ACE) courses for each two year renewal. The 28 hours must include an approved 7 hours National USPAP Update course and must be completed during the two year period before the expiration date.
- In addition to the 28 hours of ACE, you must complete an approved Appraiser Trainee/Supervisory Appraiser Course within 4 years of the current license expiration date.
- Courses may not be repeated for credit within a two year period. Courses do not carry forward to future renewals.
If you renew the license after the expiration date you must also submit the Addition of Appraiser Trainee Supervision form to re-establish supervision. The certified supervisory appraiser must complete the approved 4 hour Appraiser Trainee/Supervisory Appraiser Course. The course must be reflected in the certified supervisory appraiser's electronic license record before an authorization can be issued.
If you have not submitted your fingerprints for TALCB or TREC with a previous renewal or application, you must be fingerprinted for a criminal background check.
Submitting an Application for renewal
- Renew online:
- Renew by mail:
- Submit a Renewal of Appraiser Trainee form.
- Include payment of the renewal fee.
Renewal is only available 90 days before the expiration date of the authorization. All requirements for renewal must be postmarked no later than the expiration date of the authorization. You must maintain your appraisal experience logs and appraisal experience affidavits on forms prescribed by the Board for the period of authorization being renewed.
Requesting Active and Inactive Status
Requesting Inactive Status
The Termination of Appraiser Trainee Supervision form must be signed by either the Appraiser Trainee or the supervising Certified Appraiser. If you have more than one supervisor, a form is required for each supervisor being removed.
Requesting Active Status
- Satisfy 28 hours of approved ACE courses for each two-year renewal period the authorization has been inactive, which must include the 7-hour National USPAP Update course. The certified supervisor(s) must complete an approved Appraiser Trainee/Supervisory Appraiser Course;
- Submit the Active Status Request and Addition of Appraiser Trainee Supervision forms;
- If you have not submitted your fingerprints for TALCB or TREC with a previous renewal or application, you must be fingerprinted for a criminal background check;
- Pay the required fees.
The Addition of Appraiser Trainee Supervision form must be signed by both the Appraiser Trainee and the Certified Appraiser supervisor. If you have more than one supervisor, a form is required for each supervisor being added.