Renew Your Appraisal Management Company License
Each Appraisal Management Company (AMC) must renew their registration with TALCB every two years. Registration renewals must be completed no later than 180 days after the current registration expires.
To Renew an AMC Registration, you must:
- Provide owner information for each individual or entity that owns more than 10% of the AMC (there can be up to 9 owners)
- Submit a separate signed AMC Owner/Primary Contact Background History form for each owner, who owns more than 10% of the AMC
- Provide the name of the Primary Contact for the AMC. The Primary Contact must be an owner, officer, or director of the AMC or must be authorized by the AMC to enter into contractual relationships with others to perform appraisal management services
- The Primary Contact must submit an AMC Owner/Primary Contact Background History form, and provide evidence that he or she is a Certified Appraiser or show that the individual has taken the 7-hour National USPAP update course within two years of the AMC renewal
- The AMC must also have an active Licensed or Certified Appraiser to serve as the Appraiser Contact for the AMC
- Register with our Online Services or log in with your existing username and password *The system will only allow you to renew your AMC registration within 180 days of the date it expires
- Submit the AMC Owner/Primary Contact Background History form(s) and submit a copy of the ACE course completion certificate (if applicable) via email.
- Pay the renewal fees online using Online Services no later than the expiration date of the AMC registration.
- If you do not wish to use Online Services, you can renew an AMC registration by submitting the Renewal of Registration as an Appraisal Management Company (AMC) form. Submit the completed form and include payment of the renewal fee (*See the form for the fee schedule. Forms must be postmarked no later than the expiration date of the license)
- Submit the AMC Owner/Primary Contact Background History form(s) and submit a copy of the ACE course completion certificate (if applicable) along with the renewal form and fee
AMC Panel Management
You can maintain a list of Texas appraisers on an AMC’s panel with our Online Services and logging on to the online account for your AMC. You can also complete the Addition or Termination of Appraiser on Appraisal Management Company (AMC) Panel form and submit it to our office with the required fee.