Renew Your Appraisal Management Company License
As a Appraisal Management Company (AMC), you must renew your registration every two years. A renewal notice will be sent to the AMC's primary contact about 90 days before your expiration date. You may renew your registration up to six months after the expiration date. After 6 months, you will have to reapply for the registration.
What do I have to do to renew my AMC Registration?
Registration Renewal Requirements
- Provide owner information for each individual or entity that owns more than 10% of the AMC (there can be up to 9 owners).
- Submit a separate signed AMC Owner/Primary Contact Background History form for each owner, who owns more than 10% of the AMC.
- Provide the name of the Primary Contact for the AMC. The Primary Contact must be an owner, officer, or director of the AMC or must be authorized by the AMC to enter into contractual relationships with others to perform appraisal management services.
- The Primary Contact must submit an AMC Owner/Primary Contact Background History form, and provide evidence that he or she is a Certified Appraiser or show that the individual has taken the 7-hour National USPAP update course within two years of the AMC renewal.
- The AMC must also have an active Licensed or Certified Appraiser to serve as the Appraiser Contact for the AMC.
Submitting an Application for Renewal
- Renew online using our Online Services. If you have not renewed online before, you may need to register first.
- Submit the AMC Owner/Primary Contact Background History form(s).
- Pay the renewal fees online using Online Services no later than the expiration date of the AMC registration.
Renew by mail
- Submit a Renewal of Registration as an Appraisal Management Company (AMC) form.
- Include the AMC Owner/Primary Contact Background History form(s).
- Include payment of the renewal fee.
AMC Panel Management
You can maintain a list of Texas appraisers on an AMC’s panel with our Online Services and logging on to the online account for your AMC or submit the Addition or Termination of Appraiser on Appraisal Management Company (AMC) Panel form.