Information for Appraiser Qualifying Education (QE) Providers
Information on this page is primarily for providers of Appraiser Qualifying Education courses. If you hold an appraiser license, you can find information about the education you must complete prior to applying for a license under the Become Licensed tab.
Qualifying Course Acceptance
The Board can accept courses to satisfy education requirements for licensing based on all the following:
- The course was offered by an accredited college or university OR has been approved by the AQB through the qualifying education course approval process.
- The applicant obtained credit equal to the number of hours for which instruction was provided including the successful completion of an exam.
- The course was a minimum of 15 hours in length, including time devoted to the exam.
I want to request appraiser qualifying course approval. What do I do?
TALCB has developed an appraiser qualifying course acceptance checklist as a resource.
- If the course is not offered by a college or university in accordance with academic accreditation standards, a letter reflecting AQB course approval is required.
- The Request for Qualifying Course Acceptance form requires the provider to identify the course being submitted. Providers must submit a separate request form for each qualifying course.
- The 15-Hour National USPAP Course must be approved by the AQB. Include a copy of the AQB course and instructor approval letters with the request form.