Information for Appraiser Education Providers
Information on this page is primarily for providers of Appraiser Continuing Education (ACE) courses. If you hold an appraiser license, you can find information about the education you must complete prior to renewing your license under the Renew License tab.
New Rules for ACE Providers and Courses
TALCB has adopted rules that require ACE providers to become licensed by the agency and to submit courses directly to TALCB for pre-approval. Although these rules are effective on September 1, 2019, ACE provider and course application forms are available for immediate use to give providers ample time to prepare for these changes. Courses approved under the new rules before the effective date of September 1, 2019, may not be offered until September 1, 2019. If you are seeking approval to offer a NEW course that will be presented before September 1, please continue to use the Appraiser Continuing Education Request for Acceptance form. We have created some new Education Provider FAQs about this topic.
What does this mean?
Historically, education providers have submitted ACE courses to TALCB for “acceptance.” Previously, TALCB has only accepted courses already approved by the AQB or another state appraiser regulatory agency. The new rules allow TALCB staff to review and approve ACE providers and courses independent of approval by any other entity. For courses already approved by an entity such as the AQB or another state appraiser regulatory agency, approved ACE providers may register those courses with TALCB using the ACE Course Application.
I want to continue to offer ACE courses. What do I do?
Submit a completed ACE Provider Application and $200.00 fee to TALCB. Processing time may take up to 30 days, so please submit early to be sure you are prepared for the September 1 effective date. You can find processing times on our website.
- reviewing course content for approval
- seeking approval for a course that is already approved by the AQB or another state appraiser regulatory agency
- requesting approval of a two-hour, one-time only classroom course offering.
- The 7-Hour National USPAP Update course must be approved by the AQB. A copy of the AQB course and instructor approval letters must be included with the application and fee.
- The ACE Course Application requires the provider to identify the type of course submission and submit payment of the applicable fee.
- Providers should use the ACE Course Application for Secondary Providers when requesting approval to offer a course already approved by TALCB for another provider.
- New ACE course approvals will have an effective date of September 1, 2019, through August 31, 2021.
- Courses submitted to TALCB before the effective date of the new rules may not be offered until September 1, 2019.
What happens to the courses I am currently approved to offer on September 1, 2019?
Courses that are currently approved by TALCB will expire on the date originally assigned; however, to continue offering approved courses after September 1, 2019, an ACE provider must submit an application and receive approval as an ACE provider prior to September 1, 2019.