Information for Education Providers
This page is for providers of appraiser qualifying and continuing (ACE) education. If you are an appraiser license holder you can find more information about education requirements, appraiser continuing education, and qualifying education requirements throughout our website.
Effective January 1, 2015, both the Appraiser Trainee and eligible supervisory appraisers will be required to complete a course that complies with the specifications for course content established by the Appraisal Qualifications Board (AQB). This course must be completed by the Appraiser Trainee prior to obtaining an Appraiser Trainee license. Supervisors must complete this course prior to supervising a trainee. An Appraiser Trainee/Supervisory Appraiser Course approval form is available below for providers who want to develop or offer this course.
The Board may accept courses to satisfy education requirements for licensing based upon the following criteria:
1. The course was offered by an accredited college or university OR has been approved by the AQB through the qualifying education course approval process;
2. The applicant obtained credit equal to the number of hours for which instruction was provided including the successful completion of an exam; and
3. The course was a minimum of 15 hours in length, including time devoted to the exam.
Education providers may obtain course approval by submitting the Request for Qualifying Course Acceptance form. If the course is not offered by a college or university in accordance with academic accreditation standards, a letter reflecting AQB course approval is required.
The Board may accept courses to satisfy appraiser continuing education (ACE) requirements based upon the following criteria:
1. The course is devoted to one or more of the appraisal related topics acceptable to the AQB.
2. The course has been approved by the AQB through the course approval process OR by another state appraiser licensing and certification board; and
3. The course is at least two hours in length.
Education providers may obtain course approval by submitting the Appraiser Continuing Education Request for Acceptance form. A copy of the AQB course approval letter or the course approval letter issued by another state appraiser licensing and certification board is required.
Alternative Delivery Courses
Approval of a course that is offered in an alternative delivery or online format also requires evidence of certification by a distance education certification program that is acceptable to the Board.
Our education forms can be used by TALCB education providers, and any education provider wishing to have one or more course offerings approved by the TALCB as ACE courses.