License & Permit Specialist I (1903-23-LRS) TWO POSITIONS
Job Vacancy Announcement
Review and process the following items to ensure compliance with the Texas Real Estate License Act (TRELA) and the Rules of the Commission: Sales agent applications to include curatives, re-evaluations, and re-examinations; and Easement or Right-of-Way (ERW) agent initial and renewal registration applications. Audit and enter application information to include monies submitted. Assist the public and license holders via telephone, written communication, or in person. Perform records management tasks. Must be a team player and perform other duties as assigned.
High School Graduate or Equivalent
- Minimum two years of work experience reviewing documents for compliance with rules or standards
- Work experience reviewing and entering information into a records system or database
- Work experience preparing written communication via email or letter
- Work experience communicating professionally in person or over the phone
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications, including Word and Outlook
- Knowledge of general business procedures and use of standard office equipment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Ability to communicate professionally in person, writing, or over the phone
- Ability to accurately review and evaluate applications and documents for completeness and acceptability based on agency statutes, rules or procedures
- Ability to accurately input and retrieve complex information in an electronic records management system
- Ability to work successfully in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment
- Ability to successfully function as a team member and work effectively with team leaders, managers and co-workers
- Ability to provide accurate guidance to real estate sales agents and ERW applicants regarding compliance
- Ability to quickly learn the Texas Real Estate License Act and rules of the Texas Real Estate Commission pertaining to real estate sales agents and ERW registrants
- Ability to maintain professionalism in high-pressure situations
- Ability to willingly accept and incorporate constructive criticism/feedback to improve performance
- Ability to adapt successfully to change and shift priorities depending on team needs
- Graduation from an accredited four year college or university
- Work experience reviewing applications for an occupational license
- Current or former Texas Real Estate license holder (Cannot hold an active license if employed by TREC)
- Experience using Versa Management Systems
- Review and process sales agent applications to include course completion documents, curatives, re-evaluations and re-examinations within assigned timeframes for completeness and compliance with statutes and rules
- Review and process easement and right-of-way (ERW) registrant initial and renewal applications within assigned timeframes for completeness and compliance with statutes and rules
- Accurately enter application information, determine appropriate fees, and assign monies to appropriate fee codes
- Prepare clear, professional emails or written correspondence
- Assist agency stakeholders and the public via telephone or in person in a professional manner
- Respond to inquiries from internal and external customers in a timely manner
- Update and maintain electronic and paper files in accordance with the Agency’s records management policy
- Perform other duties as assigned
Cover letter detailing how your experience fits the duties of this position
Environmental & Physical Conditions: Normal office work environment, mostly sedentary in nature. May involve walking; standing; remaining stationary for long periods of time; pulling and pushing; kneeling, stooping and bending; and safely lifting and carrying items weighing up to 30 pounds. Work involves extensive telephone usage and repetitive hand/wrist/finger motions while using the computer.
Submit a complete (no blanks) State of Texas Employment Application along with a cover letter, resume, and DD-214 or DD-1300 (if applicable) to: email@example.com or 512-936-3547 (fax). Applications may be submitted via WorkInTexas; however, the additional documents must be submitted to Human Resources prior to being considered for an interview.
Applications will not be considered until all required documentation is received by TREC/TALCB.
Skills test will be conducted at the time of interview.
Military Crosswalk Information: http://www.hr.sao.state.tx.us/Compensation/MilitaryCrosswalk/MOSC_AdministrativeSupport.pdf
Human Resources at 512-936-3604