Education Specialist I (2012-19-EES)
Job Vacancy Announcement
Review and process education provider, course, and instructor applications with an emphasis on the continuing education (CE) program to ensure compliance with the Texas Real Estate License Act (TRELA) and the Rules of the Commission. Input complex application information into agency records management system. Provide professional assistance to the public and agency stakeholders via telephone, written communication, or in person. Must be a team player and perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university. Experience can substitute for education on a year-for-year basis.
• Minimum two years of work experience reviewing, evaluating, or analyzing complex documents for compliance with rules or standards
• Work experience preparing professional written communication
• Work experience communicating professionally in person or over the phone
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Knowledge of general business procedures and use of standard office equipment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Ability to communicate professionally in person, writing, or over the phone
- Ability to accurately review and evaluate documents for completeness and acceptability based on agency statutes, rules or procedures
- Ability to accurately input and retrieve complex information in an electronic records management system
- Ability to work successfully in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment
- Ability to successfully function as a team member and work effectively with team leaders, managers and co-workers
- Ability to provide accurate guidance to education providers and instructors regarding compliance
- Ability to quickly learn the Texas Real Estate License Act and rules of the Texas Real Estate Commission pertaining to continuing education
- Ability to maintain professionalism in high-pressure situations
- Ability to willingly accept and incorporate constructive criticism/feedback to improve performance
- Ability to adapt successfully to change
- Ability to consistently present a professional image to internal and external customers
- Work experience developing or reviewing curriculum for adult learners
- Work experience developing or reviewing distance learning curriculum
Current or former Texas Real Estate license holder (Cannot hold an active license if employed by TREC)
Experience using Versa Management Systems
- Review and process education provider, course, and instructor applications and course completion documents within assigned timeframes
- Accurately interpret and apply Agency statute and rules regarding education processes
- Evaluate applications for completeness and compliance with Agency statutes and rules
- Accurately enter complex application information, determine appropriate fees, and assign monies across multiple fee types
- Prepare clear, professional written correspondence or documentation
- Assist educators, instructors, license holders and the public via telephone or in person
- Respond to inquiries from internal and external customers in a timely manner
- Update and maintain electronic and paper files in accordance with the Agency’s records management policy
- Perform other duties as assigned
Cover letter detailing how your experience relates to the duties of this position
Environmental & Physical Conditions: Normal office work environment, mostly sedentary in nature. May involve walking; standing; remaining stationary for long periods of time; pulling and pushing; kneeling, stooping and bending; and safely lifting and carrying items weighing up to 30 pounds. Work involves extensive telephone usage and repetitive hand/wrist/finger motions while using the computer.
Submit a complete (no blanks) State of Texas Employment Application along with a cover letter, resume, and DD-214 or DD-1300 (if applicable) to: email@example.com or 512-936-3547 (fax). Applications may be submitted via WorkInTexas; however, the additional documents must be submitted to Human Resources prior to being considered for an interview.
Applications will not be considered until all required documentation is received by TREC/TALCB.
Skills test will be conducted at the time of interview.
Military Crosswalk Information: http://www.hr.sao.state.tx.us/Compensation/MilitaryCrosswalk/MOSC_Education.pdf
Human Resources at 512-936-3604